How does cost-effective, integrated and easy communication for your business by landline and mobile phone sound?
Private Branch Exchange (PBX) systems used by many businesses are expensive to install and maintain. They also have fewer features than cheaper, modern alternatives.
Would you like to replace your PBX with a cutting-edge, slick and secure Virtual PBX?
Microsoft's Office365 platform provides a state of the art Virtual PBX, including:
- Call waiting, call routing, press 1 for sales etc, call hunt groups and direct dial to individual people in your business.
- Voicemail inboxes for each configured user.
- Video-conference capability with multiple internal or external people, clients or suppliers in a single session. Features dial-in telephone capability for those who can connect by phone only.
- Video calling - 1-2-1 video calls between multiple internal or external people, also with dial-in telephone capability.
- Substantial discounts on other Office365 services and Microsoft Office products.
An Office365 Virtual PBX is delivered using Skype for Business software. Skype for Business runs on Windows PCs, iMacs, MacBooks, iPhones, Android phones and Windows phones. This provides an integrated experience for all communications by landline, mobile phone, video-conference or video calling and a high degree of user mobility.
Expert Office365 Virtual PBX setup, maintenance and support
Idvallo Solutions, as an authorised Microsoft Partner, will deliver a robust and easy to use Office365 Virtual PBX solution for your business, including:
- Setup and configuration of Office365 Virtual PBX (Cloud PBX).
- Transfer of your existing DDI (e.g. 024 7697 5224) telephone numbers to the Virtual PBX.
- Acquisition of any new DDI numbers you require.
- Installation and setup of Skype for Business on each PC, laptop or smartphone where needed.
We support and maintain your Virtual PBX from our office in Rugby, supplemented by on-site visits. You will also receive:
- An Office365 Virtual PBX administration guide.
- Skype for Business training materials.
to help you get the most from your Office365 Virtual PBX service.
How much does it cost?
Our fee for setting up the service and your on-going subscription charges will be determined by:
- Number of users.
- Number of PCs, laptops, MacBooks and smartphones.
- Volume of DDI numbers to be transferred or acquired